- CSS support
- Basic AJAX support
- Markup inheritence
- Date picker component (in wicket-extensions)
- and much more
Please help us test this release so we can make finalize 1.1 before the end of the month!
Here is the announcement:
The wicket team is pleased to announce the Wicket 1.1-rc1 release!
Wicket is a Java web application framework that takes simplicity, separation
of concerns and ease of development to a whole new level. Wicket pages can be
mocked up, previewed and later revised using standard WYSIWYG HTML design
tools. Dynamic content processing and form handling is all handled in Java
code using a first-class component model backed by POJO data beans that can
easily be persisted using your favourite technology.
Changes in this version include:
- Resource.setHeaders(WebResponse response) so that users can add any header
they want (cacheable/content disposition) when the resource is served
- Buttons can have a model now, for the buttons value attribute
- added protected method Session.attach() that is called right before a
session is used for a request
- Added FormComponent.getInputName() that by default generates a name from
the Form (not included) to the component for better/smaller input names
- AttributeModifer can't be shared between components Issue: 1286620.
- Infinite loop when adding attributemodifier twice Issue: 1286607.
- StaticFileResource wasn't used and seemed to be a relic that was refactored
to PackageResource. StaticFileResource is removed from Wicket. Issue:
1263833. Thanks to Johan Compagner.
- Attributes should preserve case. Before this fix, attributes were converted
to lower case. Not anymore now. Issue: 1286616. Thanks to Cameron Braid.
- Internal Error when using back buttons and Links in ListView Issue:
1284498. Thanks to Kenneth Foo Chuan Khit.
- Odd behaviour when Wicket is the "root" (/*) servlet Issue: 1284029. Thanks
to Gwyn Evans.
- null values in PageParameters are now ignored totally when generating urls,
instead of resulting in 'x=null'. Issue: 1284508. Thanks to Matej Knop.
- fix: now allow multiple ajax handler implementations to contribute to the
page's header Thanks to Arto Arffman.
- Redirect url generating issues. The url was generated before
Component.onInternalBeginRequest() and that method can generate another
- Clearer message when trying to render abstract Page. Issue: 1255061. Thanks
to Gili Tzabari.
- <wicket:head> behaviour slighty changed to be more intuitiv.
- addToHeader() is nor longer required. Just use add() to add components
which are inside a head section
- xmlns:wicket="http:/..." is now removed from markup as well if
setStripWicketTag(true) Issue: 1276640. Thanks to Simon Berriman.
- <select .../> is now allowed and will automatically be converted into
a open-body-close tag Issue: 1243152. Thanks to Eelco Hillenius.
- Fixed wrong implementation off getParameters() in WebRequestWithCryptedUrl
Issue: 1275726. Thanks to Ingram Chen.
- Unescaped <b> tag in XmlTag Javadoc Issue: 1280468. Thanks to Simon
- Moved resource reference classes from extensions into core Issue: 1255188.
Thanks to Gili Tzabari.
- Integrated classes from concurrent.jar into wicket.util, removing the need
for concurrent.jar Issue: 1283301.
-The wicket team